Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More Goodbyes...

This week and next we will spend squeezing in our Florida goodbyes. You know this already, but it is difficult to put relationships on hold, not knowing when and where we may ever see each other again.

This past Sunday we said our goodbyes to our church family. I had been kind of dreading this day for quite awhile. I could never mention all the sweet people from church whom I will miss so much, so I won't try. But, let me attempt to mention a few groups.

THE SOUND GUYS--"My Guys": Much of the time I have spent at FBCM has been spent in the sound booth working with some of the best people at church. You probably don't know many of them. They are a pretty quiet bunch, actually. They come early and they stay late. They are usually only recognized for their work when something goes wrong and they are very humble guys. I will miss working with them. They were always supportive of whatever new thing was thrown their way and they have always been dedicated to serving the Lord by making sure the message could be seen and heard. I will miss them.

THE PASSION PLAY LEADERSHIP TEAM: Most of you know that I have spent around 9 months of each year working on the North Florida Passion Play. The team that helps guide and direct that process are an amazing group of folks, each gifted in many areas. I have never gotten used to being amazed by how God has provided people to fill all the positions that we need to produce this amazing ministry tool. When we needed painters, God provided artists. When we needed builders, God provided craftsmen (not the tools from Sears, but real craftsmen). Working on the Passion Play is one of the things that I will miss the most. Hopefully one day soon God will allow us to create the Moscow Passion Play and we will have the opportunity to reach millions of Moscovites for Christ through drama and song.

THE SHARON FAMILY LIFE GROUP: Each week this wonderful group of people have supported us in the process as we bared our lives to the IMB, they have prayed with us, laughed with us and even cried with us. I am kind of an "old school" Baptist, so it is still "Sunday School" to me. But the members of our FLG have been a lot of what I like about church. Again, I am not going to name names so I don't foget somebody, but those special friends know who you are and I will miss you.

THE CELEBRATION CHOIR (BUT ESPECIALLY) THE ORCHESTRA: You have let me spend the time when I was not working "in the booth with you and I have cherished it. I love getting to play my French Horn and I love it even more when I get to do it with a group of people who love to play for the Lord. I have many fond memories of laughing with my Orchestra buddies. It will be hard to play "church music" and not think of you. I will miss you guys (and girls) too.

I am sure there are many more church folks that I will miss who didn't fall into any of those catagories. So, this is my generic "thank you" to you. Many of you were at church on Sunday night when Pastor Alan invited anybody who had an association with us to come forward and pray over us. I was overwhelmed at the number of people who left their seats to lift our family before the throne. Frankly, it was staggering. I love my church, and I love my "Family of Friends." I hope that my family and I will represent you well as we travel across the world bringing the Good News.

___

Another hard goodbye. Kellye's two (OLDER) sisters came to spend a few days with us this past week. Just thinking now of saying goodbye to them makes me emotional, so I won't dwell on it. However, you should know that I am proud to call them (and their families) my sisters as well.

___

I know that saying goodbye is a part of looking forward to the adventure that God has set before us. And, it has bittersweet emotions attached to it. So, as you read this, know that if you took the time and effort to look up this blog then you are one of the special friends that I will miss. Thanks to technology, the world is a much smaller place than it used to be and I covet your prayers and hope that you will use this technology to stay in touch. Know that you are constantly loved and prayed for.

Blessings,
Marc

No comments: