Monday, October 15, 2007

Have I mentioned that I love the snow?

I love the snow. I am saying that more for my benefit than yours. I know that six months from now when it is 90 in Florida and still snowing here that I may not be saying how much I love the snow, so I wanted something in writing to remind myself. :-) It has snowed since around 12:30 today and I love to be out in it.

Today has been a full day. I started my language training this morning. My tutor, so far, is kind and patient. But, man does she move fast. I guess that is what happens when you try to squeeze a year's worth of learning into just 12 weeks. I wish I could say that learning Russian was easy. I wish I could say that it came naturally to me, but both those statements would be a lie. In reality, I find it very difficult and confusing. For example, there are letters that make one sound when used at the beginning of a word and a totally different sound when used at the end of a word--and those are some of the consonants!! However, I am determined to learn it well and to use it regularly so that my conversational Russian is as good as I can make it.

Believe it or not, I have homework to do, so I better keep this short. Keep praying.

Blessings,
Marc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do great! Hey, I was just able to get on today-haven't been able to for a couple of days. The pics from your windows are awesome! By the way, Amy is already talking about trying to go there sometime while you are there. Wouldnt that be cool?

Love ya'll,

Kay

Rick Estep said...

Marc,

It seems like only yesterday you and your family left, but you have experienced so much already! Please know that I am praying for you, Kellye and the kids. Really miss you guys, but I know that HE has big plans for you!

Love
Rick Estep